From its inception in 1957, the mission of the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration has been to provide quality educational programs designed to enhance the professional development of law enforcement leaders at all levels. As the “flagship” program over that time, the School of Executive Leadership (formerly Management College) attracts participants representing municipal, county, state and federal law enforcement organizations across the nation.
Mindful of the essential role it plays in helping prepare law enforcement leaders for the future, the School of Executive Leadership provides a challenging and intensive environment in which participants can learn, develop and test a range of success-oriented skills and abilities. The value of the School of Executive Leadership experience is best measured by the numbers of graduates who serve in leadership positions in organizations across the law enforcement profession.
This course is an intensive eight-week program designed to prepare senior-level law enforcement managers and administrators for leadership in the complex world of public executives. The academic experience prepares individuals to take part in:
- Providing leadership in their agencies on problem solving and management issues.
- Applying progressive and innovative management approaches to their agencies.
- Communicating, both to their colleagues and to the public, plans and programs for change and improvement of police services.
- Professional development opportunities as a stepping-stone toward management and leadership excellence.
- Developing strategies for personal and organizational success in politically-charged environments.
- Gaining professional knowledge as a life-long learner and acquiring critical thinking skills about the future of law enforcement.
- Assuring compliance with current and emerging legal issues as they affect both management and operational aspects of policing.
- Discerning and building avenues for values-based leadership to prosper in law enforcement organizations.
- Developing a personal leadership style characterized by creativity, service and empathy.
Download the Brochure (pdf)For more details, download the online brochure.
Tuition includes all instruction and handouts. Lodging and meals are excluded.
- $2,320 ILEA Member
- $2,620 Non-member
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Building and Leading Effective Teams
- Communication in Organizations
- Creating a Culture of Integrity
- Crisis Media Management
- Critical Thinking in Leadership
- Executive Leadership
- Executive Writing Skills
- Leadership Ethics
- Legal Issues for Managers
- Problem-solving Skills Development
- Recruiting and Hiring for Quality
- Research Methods in Public Service
- Servant Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- Tools for Continuous Improvement
Who Should Attend?
Sworn and civilian senior-level law enforcement managers and administrators with an interest in organizational improvement, professional development and career enhancement.
Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Nearby Extended Stay Hotels
- Home 2
Address: 2000 Parkwood Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034
Phone: (972) 377-7300
Distance from CAIL: 2.5 miles
Amenities: free Wi-Fi, free outdoor parking, breakfast not included, onsite washer/dryer
- Residence Inn
Address: 5001 Whitestone Ln, Plano, TX 75024
Phone: (972) 473-6761
Distance from CAIL: 2.2 miles
Amenities: free wifi, free outdoor parking, free breakfast, pets welcome
- Townplace Suites
Address: 5005 Whitestone Ln, Plano, TX 75024
Phone: (972) 943-8200
Distance from CAIL: 2.0 miles
Amenities: free Wi-Fi, free outdoor parking, free breakfast, pets welcome
- Aloft Plano
Address: 6853 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024
Phone: (972) 473-6761
Distance from CAIL: 1.2 miles
Amenities: free Wi-Fi, free outdoor parking, breakfast not included, pets welcome
Law enforcement personnel attending this course are eligible for 240 hours of Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) credit. Many out-of-state participants find their states enjoy a reciprocal training agreement with Texas.
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.
The Institute for Law Enforcement Administration provides professional education and technical support to the law enforcement community.
A registrant in an ILEA program must be a sworn officer; a civilian employee of a law enforcement department; or an employee of a municipal, county or state agency.
Anyone interested in attending an ILEA program who does not meet the above standard requirements will need to request advance approval. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.