- in Harlingen, Texas
Harlingen Police Department Training Annex
24200 FM 509
Harlingen, Texas 78550
Online registration is closed. Walk-in registrations will be accepted. Please bring your completed registration form to the door.View Map
Credits:66 Hours TCOLE Credit
This two-week interactive and experiential program is designed to equip and inspire new supervisors, and reinvigorate senior supervisors, for the challenges of the fast paced and fluid world of law enforcement leadership. This course will meet the basic requirements established by TCOLE for the preparation of new supervisors for their supervisory role. Successful graduates of this course will receive credit for the TCOLE New Supervisor’s Course 3737.
Open to all Law Enforcement Agencies.
Download the Brochure (pdf)For more details, download the online brochure.
- Case Law Update and Supervisory Responsibility
- Employee Motivation and Counseling
- Excellence in Policing
- Internal Investigations for First Line Supervisors
- Leadership 101: Key Principles Learned from the United States Army
- Leadership Styles and Communication
- Media Relations
- Multicultural Relations through Ethical Leadership
- Role Identification and Transition
- Supervision 101: The Nuts and Bolts of Law Enforcement Management
- Supervisory Response to Sexual Harassment and Family Violence
- Your Future in Police Supervision
Who Should Attend?
- This course is aimed at newly promoted sworn and civilian supervisors; however, veteran supervisors wishing to sharpen the saw will also find this course beneficial.
- $550 per person - Special reduced rate for TMLIRP member agencies
- $1,100 per person for non-TMLIRP members
Location / Times / Hotel
- Harlingen Police Department Training Annex / 24200 FM 509 / Harlingen 78550
- 8:00am to 4:00pm daily with the exception of the final day which concludes at 12:00noon
- Residence Inn by Marriott / 109 Bass Pro Drive / Harlingen 78552 / 956.230.1662
$94 extended stay double / Please mention Texas Sergeant Academy for special rate
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.
The Institute for Law Enforcement Administration provides professional education and technical support to the law enforcement community.
A registrant in an ILEA program must be a sworn officer; a civilian employee of a law enforcement department; or an employee of a municipal, county or state agency.
Anyone interested in attending an ILEA program who does not meet the above standard requirements will need to request advance approval. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.